Last Man Standing - Competition 8 - Week 3
Week 2 of Last Man Standing saw another 8 entrants bow out with @luke_nobes the first to go down with Geelong losing by 6 points to North Melbourne in their Semi Final. @lewisricho11 and @ilyall went out from the Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs game, with @lewisricho11 unlucky not to snag the jersey number of the last try scorer, while 11.5 was not enough of a start for the Sea Eagles for @ilyall.
On Saturday, just the 2 entrants went out with @peter_nut needing the All Blacks to lead at half time and win, while @robshots had Roosters -6.5 as they went down by a point to the Panthers.
Sunday saw another 2 entrants go out with @pwasps needing a Peterborough win in the English League One, they could only manage a draw, while @michaelminty63 needed the Storm -6.5 and they were thumped by the Bulldogs.
Last up on Monday, and @sydneymustard needed the 49ers -4.5 in NFL action, they ended up going down to the Bears which left us with 9 remaining contestants as per the list below.
Last Man Standing Results
As you’ll notice, we’ve upgraded @Godd_Zilla to a spreadsheet and we’ve even given everyone access to it to view the progress of tips across the weekend for even more transparency.
The other change we have made is in relation to the odds, from now on the odds will increase $0.10 per week right from the very start, that should make things interesting! So week 1 we’ll still kick things off at $1.50, but that will increase to $1.60 for week 2 and so on.
So the odds you’ll need to use this week are a minimum of $1.70.
Keep an eye out each Friday night for a summary of all of the remaining entrants tips for the weekend, and we’ll be looking to get more involved across the weekend on twitter as well with updated results to make it more interactive! We’d like you to get involved too as we look to get back to the “banter” that this site is all about!
Comp 8 – Remaining Entrants
@godd_zilla Out week 1 @faulksy1 Out week 1 @tank_smb Out week 1
@michaelminty63 Out week 2 @luke_nobes Out week 2 @ilyall Out week 2 @lewisricho11 Out week 2
@cominopaul Out week 1
@pwasps Out week 2 @glewy89 Out week 1
@robshots Out week 2
@brando_tally Out week 1 @sydneymustard Out week 2 @hyero26jason Out week 1 @darren_jeffries Out week 1 @theeducatedeel Out week 1 @33scottcampbell Out week 1 @peter_nut (Andrew Considine) Out week 2
@chunka21 Out week 1
Sports Banter’s ‘Last Man Standing’ competition will be won when as the name suggests, there is only one person left. The winner will get a minimum of $200 in prize money at the end of it all.
You can use any bookmaker that you like for your tips (apart from Betfair), you can also select from overseas bookmakers as long as they allow us as Aussies to open an account e.g. Bet Victor, Pinnacle etc.
Rules as follows:
1. We will create a new post each week with the remaining entrants listed, this is where you will need to enter your tips, we’ll list all the tips once the deadline closes and send around a summary on twitter as well as here on the site;
2. Tips need to be entered by Friday 5:00pm AEDT for weekend tips (singles only – no multis);
3. Odds of tip must be of the value of $1.50 (week 1) or above, and following the increases as per point 8 below, and the tip must not commence until after the cutoff of 5pm AEDT Friday, and no later than lunchtime (12pm) the following Tuesday;
4. All tips need to be given with odds and if possible the bookmaker so we can confirm that they comply;
5. The tip may be selected from any sport;
6. Nobody may select a Tip that somebody else has already chosen. The tips are on a first come first served basis.
7. Once you enter your tip, it’s final, so make sure you’re certain before leaving a comment on the site
8. From now on the odds will increase from week 1 as follows: Week 1 $1.50, Week 2 $1.60, Week 3 $1.70, Week 4 $1.80, Week 5 $1.90 and rising by $0.10 per week from that point on until we have a winner.
9. Due to some confusion during comp 2, all bets must have a win or loss result, therefore no DNB, AH -1.0 etc as these could end up in a void result. (an exception to this is horse racing where a scratching is unavoidable or where dead heat rules apply) In the case of a dead heat rule applying, the resulting odds (half) must still meet the minimum odds criteria.
10. In the case of a dead heat where all remaining contestants tips lose in one weekend, the competition goes into sudden death where each of those tipsters will need to select a tip each day until a winner is crowned with the odds continuing to increase each day!
So that’s about it, be sure to get your entries in by 5pm AEDT Friday 19th September! Good Luck and spread the word! Let’s increase the popularity of Last Man Standing, after all, the more people – the more you stand to win!